Get begun speedy with smooth OpenGL ES pix Programming for iPhone, iPod contact, and iPad
OpenGL ES know-how underlies the consumer interface and graphical features of Apple’s iPhone, iPod contact, and iPad–as good as units starting from video-game consoles and aircraft-cockpit screens to non-Apple smartphones. during this pleasant, thorough creation, Erik M. dollar exhibits the best way to utilize Open GL ES in Apple’s iOS environment.
This hugely expected name makes a speciality of glossy, effective ways that use the most recent models of OpenGL ES, supporting you stay away from the inappropriate, out of date, and deceptive options that muddle the net. dollar embraces Objective-C and Cocoa contact, displaying the way to leverage Apple’s robust, stylish GLKit framework to maximise your productiveness, in achieving tight platform integration, and carry particularly polished apps.
If you’ve written C or C++ code and recognize object-oriented programming fundamentals, this name brings jointly every thing you want to absolutely grasp OpenGL ES snap shots for iOS–including downloadable examples in particular designed to jumpstart your individual projects.
• knowing middle OpenGL ES special effects recommendations and iOS snap shots architecture
• Integrating Cocoa contact with OpenGL ES to leverage the facility of Apple’s platform
• growing textures from begin to end: opacity, mixing, multi-texturing, and compression
• Simulating ambient, diffuse, and specular light
• utilizing differences to render 3D geometric gadgets from any element of view
• Animating scenes through controlling time via program logic
• Partitioning information to attract expansive open air scenes with rolling terrain
• Detecting and dealing with person interplay with 3D geometry
• enforcing lighting tricks starting from skyboxes to debris and billboards
• Systematically optimizing snap shots performance
• realizing the fundamental linear algebra techniques utilized in laptop graphics
• Designing and developing an entire simulation that comes with every little thing you’ve learned
By Ulrich Breymann
Mit Komponenten entwerfen mit der C++ STL verfolgt Ulrich Breymann drei Ziele: Er gibt dem Leser eine Einführung in die typical Templates Library (STL), zeigt, wie diese mächtige Bibliothek optimum genutzt werden kann und wie guy mithilfe der STL neue Komponenten entwickelt. Anhand vieler Beispiele zeigt der Autor, wie guy die STL praktisch einsetzen kann. Gleichzeitig profitiert der Leser sehr von Breymanns Erfahrungen, die er in der intensiven Zusammenarbeit mit dem C++ Standardization Committee gesammelt hat. Das sehr prägnante Buch richtet sich an erfahrene C++-Programmierer, die auch schon Erfahrungen im Umgang mit den Templates gesammelt haben.
Mit all diesem Wissen gewährt der Autor einen einzigartigen Einblick in die STL; es geht nicht nur um eine einfache Nutzung der Ressourcen sondern auch, wie guy mit den enthaltenen Komponenten komplexere Datenstrukturen und Algorithmen und vielseitig verwendbare abstrakte Datentypen schaffen kann. Und angenehmerweise behält Breymann im gesamten Buch seinen eleganten und intelligenten Programmierstil bei, der sich an die momentan gültigen ISO/ANSI-Standards hält. Das sichert dem Leser und Anwender Portabilität seines Codes, eine vereinfachte Wartung fertiger Sourcen und eine bessere Wiederverwendbarkeit.
By Obie Fernandez
The Rails™ three Way is a entire source that digs into the hot beneficial properties in Rails three and maybe extra importantly, the reason at the back of them.
—Yehuda Katz, Rails center
The Bible for Ruby on Rails program improvement
Ruby on Rails strips complexity from the improvement method, permitting specialist builders to target what concerns such a lot: supplying company worth through fresh and maintainable code. The Rails™ three Way is the single complete, authoritative consultant to providing production-quality code with Rails three. Pioneering Rails specialist Obie Fernandez and a crew of prime specialists remove darkness from the complete Rails three API, in addition to the idioms, layout ways, and libraries that make constructing functions with Rails so robust. Drawing on their unsurpassed adventure and tune list, they deal with the genuine demanding situations improvement groups face, exhibiting tips to use Rails three to maximise your productivity.
Using a variety of particular code examples, the writer systematically covers Rails three key services and subsystems, making this e-book a reference that you're going to flip to repeatedly. He provides complicated Rails programming strategies which have been confirmed potent in daily utilization on dozens of creation Rails structures and gives vital insights into behavior-driven improvement and creation concerns akin to scalability. Dive deep into the Rails three codebase and observe why Rails is designed how it is—and tips on how to make it do what you will have it to do.
This booklet can assist you
- Learn what’s new in Rails three
- Increase your productiveness as an online software developer
- Realize the general pleasure in programming with Rails
- Leverage Rails’ strong services for construction REST-compliant APIs
- Drive implementation and safeguard long term maintainability utilizing RSpec
- Design and control your area layer utilizing energetic checklist
- Understand and application complicated application flows utilizing motion Controller
- Master refined URL routing options
- Learn to increase Rails with well known gem stones and plugins, and the way to write down your individual
- Extend Rails with the easiest third-party plug-ins and write your personal
- Integrate e-mail prone into your functions with motion Mailer
- Improve software responsiveness with historical past processing
- Create your individual non-Active checklist area periods utilizing energetic version
- Master Rails’ application periods and extensions in lively help
Tap into the knowledge of specialists to benefit what each programmer may still recognize, it doesn't matter what language you employ. With the ninety seven brief and very precious assistance for programmers during this e-book, you are going to extend your abilities by way of adopting new methods to outdated difficulties, studying applicable most sensible practices, and honing your craft via sound advice.
With contributions from essentially the most skilled and revered practitioners within the industry--including Michael Feathers, Pete Goodliffe, Diomidis Spinellis, Cay Horstmann, Verity Stob, and plenty of more--this e-book includes sensible wisdom and ideas so you might practice to every kind of projects.
A few of the ninety seven belongings you should still know:
- "Code within the Language of the area" by means of Dan North
- "Write checks for individuals" via Gerard Meszaros
- "Convenience isn't really an -ility" through Gregor Hohpe
- "Know Your IDE" by way of Heinz Kabutz
- "A Message to the long run" through Linda Rising
- "The Boy Scout Rule" by way of Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob)
- "Beware the proportion" via Udi Dahan
By Ivor Horton
Now on hand in paperback―
With Beginning C: From beginner to specialist, Fourth Edition, you are going to come to appreciate the basics of the c programming language and how you can application. All you wish is that this publication and anyone of the commonly on hand unfastened or advertisement C or C++ compilers, and you may quickly be writing actual C courses. you are going to research C from the 1st ideas, utilizing step by step operating examples that you will create and execute your self.
This booklet increases your programming services via guiding you thru the advance of absolutely operating C functions that use what you might have discovered in a pragmatic context. you are going to even be capable of strike out by yourself via making an attempt the routines integrated on the finish of every bankruptcy. decide up a replica of this e-book via well known writer, Ivor Horton, simply because:
- It is the one beginning-level booklet to hide the newest ANSI typical in C
- Is approachable and aimed squarely at humans new to C
- Emphasizes writing code after the 1st bankruptcy
- Includes sizeable examples correct to intermediate clients
By V. Anton Spraul
Rewire your brain
Examples during this e-book are written in C++, yet will enhance your skill to imagine like a programmer in any language.
The actual problem of programming isn't really studying a language's syntax—it's studying to creatively remedy difficulties so that you can construct anything nice. during this special textual content, writer V. Anton Spraul breaks down the ways in which programmers clear up difficulties and teaches you what different introductory books frequently forget about: how you can Think Like a Programmer. each one bankruptcy tackles a unmarried programming suggestion, like sessions, guidelines, and recursion, and open-ended routines all through problem you to use your wisdom. you will additionally learn the way to:
- Split difficulties into discrete parts to lead them to more uncomplicated to solve
- Make the main of code reuse with capabilities, periods, and libraries
- Pick the right facts constitution for a selected job
- Master extra complicated programming instruments like recursion and dynamic memory
- Organize your innovations and increase options to take on certain types of problems
Although the book's examples are written in C++, the inventive problem-solving options they illustrate transcend any specific language; in reality, they typically achieve outdoors the area of computing device technology. because the such a lot skillful programmers be aware of, writing nice code is an artistic art—and step one in growing your masterpiece is studying to Think Like a Programmer.
It turns out as though everyone seems to be writing functions for Apple’s iPhone and iPad, yet how do all of them do it? It’s most sensible to benefit Objective-C, the local language of either the iOS and Mac OS X, yet the place to start? here, no matter if you’ve by no means programmed before!
Objective-C for Absolute Beginners will educate you ways to jot down software program in your Mac, iPhone, or iPad utilizing Objective-C, a sublime and robust language with a wealthy set of developer instruments. utilizing a hands-on process, you’ll learn how to imagine in programming phrases, how one can use Objective-C to construct application common sense, and the way to write down your personal functions and apps.
With over 50 collective years in software program improvement and in keeping with an strategy pioneered at Carnegie Mellon collage, the authors have constructed a remarkably potent method of studying Objective-C. because the creation of Apple’s iPhone, the authors have taught hundreds and hundreds of absolute newbies tips on how to advance Mac, iPhone,and iPad apps, together with many who turned well known apps within the iTunes App Store.
Design, simulate, software, and prototype an interactive self sufficient cellular robotic from scratch with assistance from Python, ROS, and Open-CV!
About This Book
- Design, simulate, construct and application an interactive self sufficient cellular robot
- Program robotic working process utilizing Python
- Get a grip at the hands-on consultant to robotics for studying quite a few robotics innovations and construct a complicated robotic from scratch
Who This publication Is For
If you're an engineer, a researcher, or a hobbyist, and also you have an interest in robotics and wish to construct your individual robotic, this ebook is for you. Readers are assumed to be new to robotics yet must have adventure with Python.
What you are going to Learn
- Understand the middle innovations and terminologies of robotics
- Create second and 3D drawings of robots utilizing freeware corresponding to LibreCAD and Blender
- Simulate your robotic utilizing ROS and Gazebo
- Build robotic from the requirements
- Explore a various diversity of actuators and its interfacing
- Interface a number of robot sensors to robots
- Set up and application OpenCV, OpenNI, and PCL to procedure 2D/3D visible data
- Learn speech processing and synthesis utilizing Python
- Apply synthetic intelligence to robots utilizing Python
- Build a robotic keep watch over GUI utilizing Qt and Python
- Calibration and checking out of robot
Learning approximately robotics becomes an more and more crucial ability because it turns into a ubiquitous a part of lifestyles. even supposing robotics is a posh topic, a number of different instruments besides Python might help layout a venture to create an easy-to-use interface.
Learning Robotics utilizing Python is a vital consultant for growing an self sufficient cellular robotic utilizing renowned robot software program frameworks similar to ROS utilizing Python. It additionally discusses a variety of robotic software program frameworks and the way to move approximately coding the robotic utilizing Python and its framework. It concludes with making a GUI-based program to manage the robotic utilizing buttons and slides.
By the tip of this educational, you should have a transparent notion of ways to combine and gather all issues right into a robotic and the way to package the software program package.
By Nigel George
Construct a world-class site in under every week with Django CMS. Beginning Django CMS shows you ways to simply and easily write a dynamic web site with an entire content material administration process within the backend. It is written for net builders who're ailing and uninterested in facing complex, bloated site frameworks which are a discomfort to construct and a nightmare to keep up. Django CMS is an Open resource web site development framework that's experiencing exponential development since it is equipped at the uncomplicated, safe and scalable structure of Django. This ebook takes you from understanding not anything approximately Django CMS, to development a practical site and content material administration approach so that you can install in your personal web site or in your customers.
- Install and configure Django CMS
Author and publish content material for publication
- How to exploit stack perspectives in tvOS
- How to exploit assortment perspectives and cut up view controllers
- How to shop Apple television app info in iCloud
- How to create local apps for books, photographs, and track at the Apple TV