By Guy Solenn
A chaque génération, un membre de los angeles famille Gardella hérite des lourdes responsabilités familiales : cette foi, c’est Victoria gardella qui est appelée à devenir chasseuse de vampires. Héritière d’une lobgue lignée de Vénatores, elle doit doit perpétuer cette ancestrale tradition.
Dans les rues du londres de l’époque victorienne, elle se rèvèle une redoutable adversaire des créature des créatures des tènèbres. Jusqu’au jour où une ardour dévastatrice s’en mêle.
Victoria se retrouve écartelée entre son devoir familial et le célibataire le plsu en vue de l. a. capitale, le fascinant marquis Philip de Rockley. En affrontant le vampire le plus puissant de toute l’histoire, Victoria va devoir chosir entre son devoir et ses sentiments.
Le superior volet d’une série best-seller pour les amateurs de sensations fortes.
By Matthew Bunson
The Roman Empire is understood for its terribly wealthy cultural legacy. This encyclopaedia presents entire and interdisciplinary assurance of the folk, areas, occasions and concepts of this amazing interval. Spanning virtually 500 years of turmoil and triumph, all of the approximately 2000 entries during this moment version has been reviewed and up-to-date to mirror advances in archaeology, historic and literary feedback, and social research. New entries were further on lifestyle, engineering, technological know-how, legislation and the position of ladies in Roman society, between others. Complementing those old essays are images, maps, tables and sidebars; interpreting lists for significant entries; an up to date bibliography; and a revised index.
By Timothy M. Kusky
Encyclopedia of Earth technology presents a wide scope of vital matters within the box of Earth technology - hydrology, structural geology, petrology, isotope geology, geochemistry, geomorphology, and oceanography. Containing nearly seven-hundred entries, 19 prose essays, one hundred ten line illustrations, and a hundred black-and-white photos, this complete encyclopedia is ideal for prime tuition and early students. 1000s of entries on suggestions, theories and hypotheses, areas and occasions, the foremost sessions of geological time, those that have made major contributions to the sector, expertise and tools, occupations and careers, enterprises, box destinations, and different matters around out this complete quantity. an incredible connection with the relevant parts and matters on the topic of this middle region of technology, Encyclopedia of Earth technological know-how is greatly cross-referenced and listed, bringing details speedy and simply to the fingertips of its readers. Entries comprise convection and the Earth's mantle; Charles Darwin; El Nino and the Southern Oscillation (ENSO); geochronology; Gondwana, Gondwanaland; Himalayan Mountains; jet streams; life's origins and early evolution; metamorphism; Pangea; uniformitarianism; and volcanic bomb.
By William H. McNeill
The "Berkshire Encyclopedia of global background" is the 1st actual encyclopedic reference on international background. it's designed to fulfill the wishes of scholars, academics, and students who search to discover and comprehend the landscape of our shared human historical past. The encyclopedia takes a dynamic global heritage point of view, exhibiting connections, interactions, and chage over the years and position. significant articles via prime students from around the globe learn crucial subject matters and styles akin to paintings, sickness, govt, faith, technology, and conflict and Peace, with thousands of articles on tactics, routine, locations, occasions, and other people. scholars and academics on the highschool and school degrees flip to this definitive paintings for a hooked up view of worldwide history--the tale of people and their position within the universe.
By Mark A. Runco
The 1st version of the winning Encyclopedia of Creativity served to set up the research of creativity is a box in itself. Now thoroughly up to date and revised in its moment edition, coverage encompasses the definition of creativity, the advance and expression of creativity around the lifespan, the environmental stipulations that inspire or discourage creativity, creativity inside particular disciplines like song, dance, movie, artwork, literature, etc., the connection of creativity and psychological health and wellbeing, intelligence, and learning kinds, and the method of being inventive. This reference additionally appeals to a lay viewers with articles specifically at the program of creativity to enterprise settings. on hand on-line through ScienceDirect and in restricted print release.
- Named a 2012 notable educational name via the yankee Library Association's selection publication
- Serves as a compendium of stories of a couple of domain-specific parts, akin to performing, dance, expressive arts, movie, nutrition, track, faith, technology, activities, theater, and writing.
- Creativity and schooling are tested in articles approximately proposal approaches, resembling developmental traits in inventive talents and potentials, the enhancement of creativity, intelligence, wisdom, play, prodigies, courses and classes, expertise and educating creativity.
- Cognitive facets of creativity might be investigated in articles approximately altered and transitional states, analogies, cognizance, cognitive kind, divergent considering, stream and optimum adventure, metacognition, metaphors, problem-finding, problem-solving, and distant associates.
- Covers enterprise and organizational creativity in articles approximately advertisements with paintings, inventive visuals, business/management, creativity training, creativity workouts, entrepreneurship, staff dynamics, innovation, management, organizational tradition, organizational improvement, groups, and coaching, between others.
- Explicitly examines the complicated interrelationship among society and creativity in articles approximately awards, conformity and conventionality, the artistic zone and sophistication of society, cultural variety, the darkish facet of creativity, East vs. West, networking, social psychology, conflict, zeitgeist, and others.
- Personal and interpersonal creativity is mentioned in articles on the subject of collaboration, kin, lifestyles phases, mentors, networking, own creativity and self-actualization.
- Focuses on clinical information regarding creativity, there also are articles that debate mind and neuropsychology, suggestions of creativity, definitions of creativity, services, longitudinal experiences, getting to know paintings, artists and paintings audiences, examine tools, phenomenology study and qualitative research.
- Online model includes an extra 26 biographies of famously artistic humans
Boasting greater than 970 alphabetically-arranged entries, the Encyclopedia of up to date British Culture surveys British cultural practices and icons within the latter half the 20 th century. It examines excessive and pop culture and encompasses either institutional and substitute features of British tradition. It offers perception into the complete spectrum of British modern lifestyles. issues coated contain: structure, pubs, movie, web and present takes at the monarchy. Cross-referencing and a thematic contents record allow readers to spot similar articles. The entries variety from brief biographical synopses to longer evaluate essays on key concerns.
This Encyclopedia is vital examining for somebody attracted to British tradition. It additionally presents a cultural context for college students of English, glossy historical past and Comparative ecu reviews.
By Ellen Judy Wilson
Encyclopedia of the Enlightenment offers the 1st A-to-Z assurance of this crucial period. Conceived and written as some degree of departure for somebody -- scholar or normal reader -- who needs to come across this awesome age, the encyclopedia presents extensive insurance of normal themes comparable to technological know-how, schooling, paintings and structure, aesthetics, and tune, that are complemented through shorter entries masking particular ideas and contributors.