This one-stop reference is an ideal source for someone attracted to the North and South Poles, even if their curiosity pertains to heritage, flora and fauna, or the geography of those areas within the information today.
• 2 volumes
• Introduces common phenomena and natural world stumbled on on the North and South Pole regions
• Discusses present issues concerning weather switch and its influence at the polar regions
• Furnishes scholars with an figuring out of territorial claims and political matters surrounding the North and South Poles
• comprises cross-references to allow readers to attract connections among topics
• deals extra readings on the finish of every access in addition to a advisor to comparable themes to stimulate pupil study
By Norman C. McClelland
That includes over 1,200 topical entries prepared alphabetically, this encyclopedia presents varied and exact assurance of the comparable matters of reincarnation and karma. Its in-depth exam levels from historical ideals to these of the current, incorporating all correct global cultures. a chain of wide thematic entries conceal foundational points whereas over one thousand hugely concentrated entries take care of numerous societies and companies which aid the ideas of reincarnation and karma; particular spiritual teams, sects, and institutions; key contributors either old and sleek; and similar ideals, strategies, and practices.
By John W. Fuquay, Patrick F. Fox, Paul L. H. McSweeney
Dairy technology contains the learn of milk and milk-derived nutrition items, analyzing the organic, chemical, actual, and microbiological elements of milk itself in addition to the technological (processing) facets of the transormation of milk into its a number of buyer items, together with drinks, fermented items, contentraed and dried items, butter and ice cream.
This new edition includes information on the prospective influence of genetic amendment of dairy animals, safeguard matters of uncooked milk and uncooked milk items, peptides in milk, dairy-based asthma, packaging and shelf-life and different themes of significance and curiosity to these in dairy examine and industry.
*Fully reviewed, revised and up-to-date with the most recent advancements in Dairy Science
*Full colour inserts in every one quantity illustrate key concepts
*Extended index for simply finding information
Wiley Encyclopedia of desktop technology and Engineering, 5-volume set, comprises over 450 A to Z articles addressing the newest advances and findings in laptop technology and engineering, as well as very important issues of curiosity to machine scientists and engineers, together with criteria, digital trade, monetary engineering, and laptop schooling. every one article is written by way of a professional in his or her specific area of expertise and is peer-reviewed by way of different specialists to make sure that it's transparent and targeted. References and site of comparable curiosity accompany each article.
By David Schiller
Carol and David Schiller, well-known specialists within the box of aromatheraphy and plant oils, have created a complete reference ebook. features a common creation to right security, practise, and utilization of the oils, and what to observe out for in advertisement items. Separate chapters supply descriptions of the fundamental oils, service oils, and infused oils, deetailing their derivation and historical past, documented houses, and armatherapeutic equipment of use. With classification listings of oil homes and cross-reference lists from botanical to universal names.
A desirable exploration of ways arithmetic impacts our day-by-day lives in sociological, financial, and ancient views. arithmetic is on the root of contemporary civilization, from measuring temperature on a frigid day to forcing a automobile to utilizing a digicam; fanatics may possibly say utilized arithmetic ideas the area. The Encyclopedia of arithmetic and Society provides a few 490 articles exhibiting the mathematics at the back of our day-by-day lives, explaining to scholars how and why math works, and permitting readers to higher know how disciplines resembling algebra, geometry, calculus, and others impact what we do on a daily basis. This amazing reference is acceptable for either highschool and undergraduate courses, making the content material without problems obtainable to public library buyers besides.
By Sarah Ogilvie
Concise Encyclopedia of Languages of the World is an authoritative single-volume reference source comprehensively describing the most important languages and language households of the realm.
It will supply complete descriptions of the phonology, semantics, morphology, and syntax of the world’s significant languages, giving insights into their constitution, background and improvement, sounds, that means, constitution, and language relatives, thereby either highlighting their variety for comparative research, and contextualizing them in line with their genetic relationships and nearby distribution.
Based at the hugely acclaimed and award-winning Encyclopedia of Language and Linguistics, this quantity will offer an edited choice of nearly four hundred articles all through which a consultant subset of the world's significant languages are opened up and defined in up to date terminology and authoritative interpretation, through the major students in linguistics.
In highlighting the range of the world’s languages ― from the thriving to the endangered and extinct ― this paintings may be the first aspect of name to any language professional drawn to this massive zone. No different unmarried quantity will fit the level of language insurance or the authority of the individuals of Concise Encyclopedia of Languages of the World.
* outstanding breadth of assurance: a accomplished collection of slightly below four hundred articles overlaying the world's significant languages, language households, and type buildings, matters and disputes
* Peerless caliber: in keeping with twenty years of educational improvement on variants of the prime reference source in linguistics, Encyclopedia of Language and Linguistics
* distinct authorship: 350 of the world's major specialists introduced jointly for one purpose
* unprecedented editorial choice, evaluation and validation strategy: Keith Brown and Sarah Ogilvie act as first-tier guarantors for article caliber and coverage
* Compact and cheap: one-volume structure makes this appropriate for private learn at any establishment attracted to areal, descriptive, or comparative language learn - and at a fragment of the price of the entire encyclopedia
By Charles Wankel
2009 RUSA extraordinary company Reference
Business in modern day global is more and more varied. project trade, even by way of somebody, can suggest operating globally via a welter of recent media with possibilities of every kind swiftly showing. the bounds, scope, content material, buildings, and tactics of a company job can morph into totally different ones during a undertaking. modern companies, and definitely destiny companies, locate it incumbent upon them to slot in the requisites of environmental and monetary sustainability of the others who inhabit our international.
With greater than 1,000 entries, the Encyclopedia of industrial in contemporary World is choked with crucial and updated details at the kingdom of industrial in our global. not just does it replicate the place company is, it additionally conveys the trajectory of industrial farther into the twenty first century. those 4 volumes offer transparent overviews of the real enterprise themes of our time, starting from tradition surprise to foreign money hedging, political danger, offshoring, and transnational organisations. The wealth of themes characterize an built-in imaginative and prescient by means of the editor of a perplexity of capabilities, applied sciences, and environmental elements.
- Provides perception into the advance and present company state of affairs globally via articles on many person countries
- Examines the approaches, duties, and ethics of commercial within the worldwide market
- Offers entries written by means of specialists from various fields
- Includes an appendix that appears at global alternate association statistics
- Presents an enormous diversity of subject matters, together with key businesses, enterprise guidelines, areas, nations, dimensions of globalization, monetary elements, overseas agreements, monetary tools, accounting laws and ways, theories, laws, administration practices and methods, and lots more and plenty more
- Competitive Forces
- Corporate Profiles
- Cultural Environments
- Economics of foreign Business
- Economic Theories of overseas Business
- Ethics, Corruption, and Social Responsibility
- Export/Import Strategies
- Foreign Direct Investment
- Globalization and Society
- Human source Management
- International Accounting
- International Finance
- International financial System
- International Trade
- Legal and hard work Issues
- Management and Leadership
- Manufacturing and Operations
- Political Environments
- Regional fiscal Integration
- Supranational and nationwide Organizations
The Encyclopedia of commercial in trendy international serves as a normal, nontechnical source for college students, professors, and librarians looking to comprehend the advance of industrial as practiced within the usa and internationally.
Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and everyday life (5 Volumes Set) 2d Edition
Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and everyday life covers cultural teams in Asia, Europe, the Americas and Africa. 5 volumes, equipped for speedy reference via continent, disguise background, politics, customs, faith, schooling, human rights matters, youngster existence and lots more and plenty extra for tradition teams similar to Kurds, Amish, Germans and greater than 500 others.
Each - to six-page access is written and reviewed through topic specialists who've in-depth wisdom of a selected international tradition and the ability to translate their wisdom int phrases that scholars can comprehend. The Encyclopedia additionally offers scholars a visible studying event with greater than 250 images. And, a word list of phrases bargains quickly reference for tricky or overseas terms.
"The actual power of the sequence is the specificity with which every tradition is tested. A well-organized, easy-to-use examine tool." --School Library magazine, February 2010
— Jennifer Prince
"…emphasis the following leans towards the geographic, with a pointy specialise in capitals, nationwide limitations, and ordinary assets. A necessary buy for big public libraries."
— Library magazine